The Winding Road...Or is it?





Ever had one of those hilltop experiences?  
You know, you finally poke your head out of the weeds of life and actually get a gooood look around. 


Perspective comes in those moments.


The majority of my life I feel like I am NOT having a moment like that however, recently, uncommonly I have had a few of those moments and during those moments I've discovered something interesting...


Typically our life journey seems to be a winding, meandering affair. Many twists and turns, detours and side roads. Mostly not a lot of freeway driving.


The interesting thing though is that lately, when I can poke my head out of the thick of the situation and survey I've noticed something. 


As I look backwards on the winding road that represents my path I'm struck by how convoluted that it is, yet at the same time, as I really examine it, I'm noticing something.


Getting from wherever I was to where I am now, is actually pretty much a straight lane superhighway. Really. 


The complexity comes from WHERE AM I.


That is the thing we don't spend enough time to really understand the complexity of how hard it would be to be EXACTLY where we are at this very moment.


All the experience, all the knowledge, all the failures, all the victories, all the relationships, all the hurts, all the shaping... 
Everything that has come to make you exactly who you are in this instant.


When you really take in the magnitude of where and who you really are, all of it, you find yourself realizing as I have lately, that it was not a meandering/winding path at all. In fact...


It was the absolute straightest road between where/who you were to where/who you are.


Beautiful.

Comments

  1. Yes some times it feels ordained and others feel yes I made it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very creative and great!! And is true how life is, has its twists and turns and downfalls but uphills too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://twitter.com/tonygreene113/status/229796622207434752

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to think that I don't regret any of the choices that i have made. And I have made a lot of stupid choices that were in some cases life threatening, and in many cases life altering. But it is our choices that bring us to where we are. Our mistakes are what help us to grow. There are many things I would never do again, and many things that i hope my children never do, but i dont regret them. They are me. And here I am.
    Great article. @webbystation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to keep moving forward and not spend too much time looking back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The theory of life somewhat explain !!nice post to review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true, and well said Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is amazing how life turns out the way it does. I think taking a "hilltop moment" to look at how we arrive just makes it even more incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is most certainly a Journey... It is all in how we Choose to deal with the journey that matters...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice... WISDOM can come from many sources, TY great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great perspective and reflection !

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Ever had one of those hilltop experiences? "

    well, actually ... yes I have
    ... I have them all the time ...
    In fact, it's a daily occurrence!
    But then ... I do live on a mountain!!! (-;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts